What Katy Did By Susan Coolidge ~ Book Review

Sorry I haven't written any posts in a while. I've been very busy preparing for school. I read a lot and finish books quite quickly so this is my book review of "What Katy Did".


 "What Katy Did" is a book, about a young girl called Katy Carr. She is one of 5 children. Katy keeps trying to do nice things but they go wrong, at heart she is really a nice girl trying to do good. Katy has to go through a tough time to become patient and kind.
 My favourite parts of the book were, in the beginning of the story there are two bugs discussing what Katy had done that time, which made me want to read on and find out why the bugs were talking as well as what had Katy done and who was Katy? I also liked the poem that Cousin Helen wrote for Katy on Valentines day as, it explained how Katy had to become patient and kind but was still a poem. There was nothing in particular that I didn’t like.

I found that I could relate to Katy as I'm also trying to do nice things but sometimes they go wrong, and I could picture what the characters were like as the author made them seem realistic. The way the book was written was amazing, as the language was easy to understand and the chapters weren't too long or too short. I rate this book 8/10 because I liked the story but sometimes there was not enough going on for me personally. I recommended this to everyone as it is easy to read but can be enjoyed by all ages.

Comments

Post a Comment