Update

Sorry, I was meant to post this in April but I needed to find the picture, oops.

 I hope you've all had a wonderful Easter. I am currently just in The Gambia and I have visited some more places which I would like to recommend:


Calypso


Calypso is a restaurant which does amazing food and has a crocodile pool just beside it. They will feed the fish in the pool and whilst they feed the fish you get a close up view of the crocodiles eating them! Don't worry the crocodiles cannot comes near you as there is a rock barrier between you and the crocs. 



Bakau Market

This is open all year round and does all sorts of different things, I brought a beautiful necklace there as well as some new shoes. Although you do have to bargain for good prices.

Gaya Resturant

This is a European restaurant which does Tapas- Tapas are small plates of food. The staff are very friendly and the food was fantastic.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g297575-d1213327-Reviews-Gaya_Art_Cafe-Kololi_Banjul_Division.html

Sheikh Tailors

This is a tailor shop run by a Senegalise man, he does the most exquisite clothes to your exact design for a very good price. He made one of my party dresses and it is better than perfect. Sheikh is currently making a website, and i will inform you when it is ready.

This is Sheikh, the tailor.


Sanyang Beach and Fishing Village


The beach is a deserted yet beautiful beach, you can swim in the sea and go fishing, it is a great day out! You can also buy fish from the fishing village to eat for lunch, they will fillet, gut and scale the fish for you and all you need now is an open fire to cook the fish on.




I also worked at the Touray and Meyer Veterinary clinic which is run by the Animal Care Association- The Gambia. It was a wonderful experience and uplifted my dream to become a vet. 

I will post again soon, bye!


















Comments