How To: Make Lavender Shortbread Biscuits

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I'm currently back in The Gambia.
This is the next post for my DIY series, I hope you enjoy :)



You Will Need


175g Butter


2 tbsp fresh Lavender


100g Caster Sugar


225g plain flour


25g Brown Sugar




What To Do:


1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 3/ 160 C/ 325 F. Mix the butter and lavender together in a large bowl, until it resembles a soft cream.


2. Now add the caster sugar and mix again. Slowly add the flour to your mix; once all the flour is added kneed the mixture until it is smooth. Tip: I recommend using the heel of your hand to kneed the dough as I find this easiest.


3.  Split the dough into half and roll them into roughly 15cm sausage shapes.

4. Coat these sausage shapes in brown sugar, once you have done this wrap them in tin foil and put them in the fridge for about 30 minutes.



5. Once the biscuit mix is chilled, you can begin to roll your shapes. I chose circles but you could do any shape. Once you have finished, place them into the oven for 15-20mins and they will be done!




We would have taken a better picture of the biscuits but everyone ate them before I could. These are delicious and take almost no time to make. 

Comments