Earthquake Bird - Movie review

Earthquake bird is a psychological thriller film set in 1989. The film is based on the book of the same name by Susanna Jones, this is another book which I have on my to read list but unfortunately did not read before watching the film.



The film follows Lucy Fly, a translator in Japan, who is suspected of murdering her friend Lily. The film changes between Lucy’s interview and how her friendship with Lucy began/ progressed. The film follows the friendship from the day they met, to the moment Lucy becomes the last person to see Lily alive. The film also explores Lucy’s unusual relationship with her boyfriend Teiji and how he becomes a main part of Lucy and Lily’s relationship.

7/10- This film took a while for me to get into and has quite a slow plot. I also guessed the ending around halfway through the film, which made the rest of the film less suspenseful for me. I would recommend watching this, however it was not my favourite ever film.

Comments