Oranges and Sunshine - Movie Review

This is the 4th film in my what I watched during quarantine series.

Oranges and Sunshine is a historical drama film based on the true story of thousands of children, who were either ophans or in care, who were illegally deported to countries in the Common Wealth. The film focuses on 1986/87 when the case first came to the attention of Margaret Humphreys, a social worker, and her journey to discovering thousands of people in Australia and finding out about their stories. Margaret brings attention to what happened to those children, and discovers that many of the children suffered abuse. 


8/10 - This film was really interesting as I had not previously heard this story. The story was well-dramatised and made me want to find out more about what happened. If you enjoy historical films and want to learn about this period of history then I recommend this film to you. 

Comments